Fun Facts About our Eldest DAC Centralian:
- Sadye Jackson was born in Helena, Arkansas in August of 1922.
- She is the oldest alumni in our Detroit Alumni Chapter!
- Sadye first attended Wilberforce University before Central State College separated and later became Central State University.
- Prior to coming to Wilberforce, Ohio, she worked at the Jacksonville, Arkansas Arsenal Plant where they made ammunition and primers.
- She is an Accomplished Singer who sang with the legendary Leontyne Price at Central State University.
- Sadye majored in Social Work and graduated in the class of 1945.
- Sadye enjoys crocheting and specializes in creating toilet tissue covers and pot holders.
- Sadye loves cooking and her favorite dish is cornbread stuffing.
- *Love Note*…While Sadye was sitting on the porch on Winder Street in Detroit, Mr. Ovarious Jackson was driving by with a friend. He saw Sadye, backed up the car, came over to her and asked her name. They exchanged telephone numbers, later married and had three children together.
We celebrate Sadye Jackson as our oldest alumni and thank her for her continued support and commitment to our Alma Mater!
As a Token of Our Appreciation, Ms. Sadye Jackson’s Yearly Local Dues will be sponsored by the DAC Chapter. We are also Proud to Announce that She has been sanctioned as an Honored Guest at all DAC Events which entitles the privilege of attending ALL DAC Sponsored Events Free of Charge!
For God! For Central! For State!