The Mission Statement of the Parent’s Club:
To support a positive college experience for students attending Central State University, while fostering academic excellence and embracing the CSU spirit.
The Purpose of the Parent’s Club:
- To promote the goodwill and fellowship among students at Central State who are from the metropolitan area.
- To advocate for students and to celebrate, collectively, the successes of students of Central State who are from the Metropolitan area.
- To actively raise funds to offer scholarships to students of active Club members.
- To provide viable relationships with Central State University personnel, alumni of Central State University, and other organizations with common pursuits for higher education and/or student well-being.
- To attract and retain active parents and associates to participate and assist with the developing and carrying out the Club activities.
- To work as a liaison group to assist parents who are Club members and their students with the resolution and discussion of issues and concerns or refer as appropriate to the key Central State officer.
- To provide assistance to students of Central State.
- To help recruit students for Central State University at Churches, High Schools, Block Clubs and other functions.
Other Levels of Membership:
(1) Associates – Parents and guardians, from the Detroit Metropolitan Area, of students that have graduated from Central State University. Dues-$25.00 annually.
(2) Friends – Those who support the Preamble and Constitution of the Central State University Parents’ Club Inc., and make financial and other resource contributions. Dues-$20.00 annually.
Associates and Friends do not have voting rights and are not eligible to receive scholarships or participate in the monthly book fund drawings.
To become a member, fill out the Registration Form and pay the appropriate membership fee.